Pages

Thursday 22 December 2016

All I want for Christmas...is a new top

There's something about a new top that can completely revolutionise our wardrobes. In fact four new tops and four new pairs of shoes can take a wardrobe from something a bit meh to something totally yeah.

A "new top" is also probably one of the first things that we learn to shop for as teenagers but as life goes on, tops can become increasingly hard to find. Whether it's because of a curvy bust, a "not as flat as we would like" stomach, the need for sleeves, or the cost, the hunt for a great top can be exhausting.

Now I'm not saying that I've found the perfect top by any stretch of the imagination. In fact Mr SG asked whether I was wearing chain mail. But I do like a sleeve, a bit of a frill and something that's not too tight - so it ticked lots of my boxes.


I'm wearing the Zara lace top with frill (£29.99). I've got a black vest underneath mine but I might try it with nude, or white, for a change. I like the way it's been styled on the Zara site but I don't think that it would be fair to go "vest free" when I go round to see some friends tonight. It might put their guests off their mulled wine and mince pies.