Pages

Saturday 19 November 2016

Winter white at its best from Me & Em





[Styling the Me & Em cable weekend jumper for a Saturday shopping trip with jeans, Topshop fringe loafer boots and a sleeveless coat.]

Recently I've been lucky enough to work with the wonderful brand that is Me & Em. Many of you will be familiar with Me & Em already but for those who aren't, Me & Em started out as an online brand in 2009. I used to pore through their catalogues both religiously and longingly!

Recently Me & Em have gone from strength to strength and they now have a store in Connaught Street in London and also a pop up store in Belgravia.  Clare Hornby, Me and Em's founder and Creative Director, seeks to offer "high quality affordable clothes that are contemporary, flattering and classic."  Essentially she takes classic wardrobe items and tweaks them, making them stylish and relevant - and lovely to wear.     


In this post I'm featuring the cable weekend jumper from Me & Em (£149). You all know me by now - always running a little chilly and much as I would love to waft around in gorgeous silky tops, unless I can get a few layers underneath them they're just not going to work for me. But I've always loved a cable knit jumper and I have been on the look-out for the perfect one for a number of winters now, rejecting many along the way. I have an old one from Warehouse but it's a bit "porridge" in colour where as this is a lovely warm, creamy, soft white, which works much better for me. It also comes in grey marl and antique blush


I love the chunky neckline on this jumper, together with the way that it falls - plus it's incredibly warm. But don't be fooled by its chunkiness and casual nature, with some heels and sparkly socks, this gorgeous jumper could easily be worn in the evening.


If you're looking for an item that doesn't cost much but that will transform lots of you shoes and outfits in an instant, look no further than the glitter double lace ankle socks from Topshop (£3.50). I love them and will be heading back for more!



Same outfit but with different socks and shoes. These socks are also from Topshop...


...and the shoes are Carvela. They are many years old now but they are surprisingly comfortable and I really love their vintage styling.


And then for somewhere in between the "I'm going shopping" look and the "I'm wearing heels" look, I've put the jumper with my favourite pleated skirt which gets an outing at least once a week. I love the juxtaposition between a chunky jumper and a silky skirt and it's hugely versatile. Wear with boots, or heels, or sparkly socks and heels - it's a go anywhere combo.


And here's a shot of the jumper from the back too - because it's always good to check your view from the rear!

This post was written in conjunction with Me & Em but all words and views are my own and I can honestly say that I've hardly taken this jumper off since I received it (which you may, or may not, want to know!)