Pages

Thursday 6 October 2016

How to wear leopard print. Grrrrrrr!




(Wearing: Whistles striped jumper, Boden leopard print bag (both seasons past!) side striped trousers from M&S and Adidas Stan Smiths)

Leopard print is one of the huge trends of the season but if you're not sure how to wear it, here are a few easy ways, starting from a nod to a full on embrace...


First off, this H&M leopard print bracelet (£7.99) which is perfect as a starting point - or finishing point. Or any point really. Oh dear, I think that I've tempted myself with it....


Next up, how about a bag? This Boden bag (£179.10) is a real gem. It's showing as out of stock at the moment with a 7 week wait but I've never had to wait that long for anything from Boden. And good things are worth waiting for! The beauty of a handbag, or shoes, is that as they are not directly "on" us - like our clothing, so we feel less self conscious when wearing them - or when people look at them. That's why bags and shoes are such a good starting point if you feel like taking a little risk. Obviously this one isn't the cheapest out there but if the thought of a leopard print handbag appeals, you won't have to look too far to find one - try this one from H&M for £7.99.


A scarf is always a good starting point too. I like this jacquard weave shawl from H&M (£14.99) - it's substantial and not floppy. Why that matters I have no idea. And whilst it's definitely from the leopard family, it's not full on leopard - well that is unless there are leopards out there with a slight pink tinge to them. If so, I thoroughly approve.


So getting a little more full on fashiony, there's this leopard print blouse from H&M (£19.99) which has a little frilled stand up collar and a chiffon feel about it. This blouse would be fantastic for layering up a crew neck jumper, for wearing on a night out with a cami underneath or for generally giving any black trousers or denim a bit of a kick up the whatsit.

And my absolute favourite, the Hush printed leopard joggers (£45). Grrrrrr! Cold evening sitting by the fire, here we come!


I could go on. Everything comes in leopard print from running gear, to shoes, boots, coats, jumpers and for those feeling really brave this H&M leopard print costume (£14.99). What do you mean, not on your life?!


Apologies for the fact that this post is a bit H&M heavy. Unless I'm writing a post about a particular brand, I try and spread my shopping choices around but I think that my family would far rather that I spent that extra time preparing their dinner.