Pages

Saturday 10 September 2016

The Oasis Boyfriend Blazer



This is just a quickie because in a couple of hours we're heading up to Newcastle as tomorrow I'm running in the Great North Run.


Sad as I am, I'm really excited. I love the atmosphere, the crowds, listening to the bands as I run round, eating M&S chocolate flapjack and I can't wait to see the Red Arrows fly over.  Plus I'll get to see the sea, which is always exciting for someone who has always lived in the middle of the country. I'm making it sounds like a walk in the park aren't I? Did I mention that there is a the little matter of running 13 miles involved? Oh well, I deal with that only when I have to!


So I hope that everyone has had a good return to school/work/traffic jams after the summer holiday. I had a Style Event on Thursday night so on Wednesday I hit the stores with glee, scooping up armfuls of clothes in M&S (a current favourite for this season), Zara (ditto), H&M, New Look, Warehouse, Oasis, Mango and Dune.


I think that I've got a fairly good handle on what's out there at the moment and I'll bring you some of my favourite pieces a bit further down the line. But for now I wanted to talk about this boyfriend blazer (£45) which I saw on Alex of The Frugality on a huge photo on Oasis and which she was wearing as part of her Autumn by Alex campaign with them.




I'd identified a while ago that a boyfriend blazer was missing from my wardrobe and I'd taken a look at some but I wasn't feeling the love enough. Then when I saw (and tried on) this one which was navy (big plus), lined (big plus), £45 (super big plus) and felt as good as far more expensive makes (super, super big plus) - I was smitten. I'd always been concerned that a boyfriend blazer would shorten my legs but on first glance I don't think that as look as though I've shrunk too much and I'm looking forward to seeing how I can wear it. I think that it's just what my wardrobe needed to give at a new lease of life for the Autumn. Has else made a recent purchase for the Autumn which has turned things around and shaken things up a little? I would love to hear about them and in the meantime, have a super weekend.