Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2016

Hush comes to John Lewis, Birmingham


We knew that Hush was on its way to John Lewis Birmingham and on Friday it arrived! And how fabulous was it to see it all laid out, to touch it, to see how it could all work together and to chat to the enthusiastic staff about it.

I had two smalls with me so my capacity for trying on was limited but tomorrow - well that's another story, as they return to school and I will be there like a shot!

For now, here are a few of my favourite pieces that I spotted on my travels...


Starburst t-shirt (£40) - This charcoal grey colour works better for me than a lighter grey colour. Throw in some stars, particularly gold ones, and I'm there. Although it's called a tee, unless I imagined it, it has long sleeves which are perfect as we head (slowly, hopefully) into the colder months.


Love jumper (£79) - Who doesn't love a "Love" jumper? I've had a New Look one for a very long time now and I've loved wearing it, so I know that this wouldn't just sit in the wardrobe looking pretty.


Rita printed shirt (£59) - Shirts can be tricky. Too formal or corporate and they don't always work but equally something too evening like can be limited in its versatility. This one however could be worn however and whenever, so it's on my list of Hush loves.


Claudia dress ditsy print (£99) - This dress comes in a knee length, or a full length option. The full length option has a deep side split, which makes it more edgy rather than more "Little House on the Prairie." I can't wait to try this one on.


Eskimo parka coat (£170) - There's something about the blue fur that got me as soon as I saw it. I also had a good feel of it as well though and it has a good weight and lots of warmth to it too.


C'est Si Bon jumper (£49) - Great for those who love a slogan sweatshirt. And see the leg in the background complete with pink sparkly trainers and Marshmallow the Build-A-Bear? That's one of the smalls I mentioned earlier.


Josie jumpsuit (£75) - I have the summer version of this jumpsuit but if I didn't, I would definitely buy this one. I've loved wearing mine as it's so versatile and comfortable too - (double whammy!) It's great for casual with trainers, for work or for an evening event. This is me wearing mine recently...



                                         Anyone fancy coming to Brum for a visit?!