Pages

Saturday 17 September 2016

A cheeky little Zara knotted top



OK so I'll hold my hands up before anyone else comments. Those of you with eagle eyes will have noticed that there is some white vest on show in these photographs. In my defence it was cold this morning and as I hadn't worn the top before I didn't know how everything would hang together (or hang out?) Anyway, badly, would seem to be the answer. Now I've run, showered, and replaced the vest with a blue one I could re-do the photos but hec, I'm off to see Bridget Jones' Baby tonight and there's the dinner to be cooked, another school run to do and a gym trip to do before then, so white flashes of vest it is. Will you forgive me?!


I bought this Zara poplin top with knot (£29.99) a few weeks ago now but it's still available for anyone who likes it. It's one of those tops that falls into the "accessible fashion" category. It's easy to wear (unlike off the shoulder tops which ping all over the place and as soon as you move your arms your armpits get cut in half) it goes with lots, it's a simple style so it shouldn't date too quickly, plus when it gets chilly, I can layer a long sleeved top underneath.

Staying with the knot theme, there's also this striped top with knot from Zara, also £29.99. Blue and white stripes are still everywhere so this is a good option for anyone who wants to update their twingy, pingy, striped off the shoulder tops which dominated this summer.


Or for something a little different, there's this gingham blouse still with a knot and also from Zara, which is £25.99.


So, hopefully that's an easy update idea for your A/W wardrobe. Hope that you are all having a super weekend!

ps. I've now seen Bridget Jones' Baby and it was brilliant. If you're not sure, do go and see it. It's so funny. I haven't laughed so much in ages!